With the exception of his first year in Charlottesville Virginia, A. Wray Fitch has been an attorney with Gammon and Grange his entire legal career. He feels fortunate to be associated with attorneys that are such high-caliber people, both professionally and personally.
In the early years, Mr. Fitch primarily litigated on both the defense and plaintiff side in civil litigation, involving personal injury, real estate, and contract disputes. He then spent many years representing clients in hearings before the Federal Communications Commission. These were contested hearings involving applicants seeking licenses for new radio and television stations.
Currently, and for quite some time, his practice has been limited to representing TV and/or radio broadcasters. The scope of representation covers nearly every aspect of broadcasting. This includes assisting clients in the auction process for new stations, filing for renewal licenses, aiding in the sale and acquisition of radio and television stations, assisting with operational issues including employment matters, assisting with tower leasing, and with all aspects of regulatory compliance. One of the major benefits of this practice is his long-term connection with his clients. Mr. Fitch has represented several of his clients since the 1980s, and nearly all are multi-year representations.
He is also a broadcaster and station owner himself, which he believes helps him to understand and empathize with the legal issues that broadcasters encounter. He currently owns and/or operates several FM stations and is a part-owner of two low-power television stations.
- Former Board Member and current volunteer attorney for Good Samaritan Advocates
- Current Board Member, Focus Ministries
- Former Board Member, Capitol Hill Crisis Pregnancy Center
I’ve been married for over 40 years. My wife Elizabeth is also an attorney, but she has not practiced for quite some time. She is currently a spiritual director. My three adult children are all married, and we have eight grandchildren. I like to spend my free time on the water, playing tennis, or exploring new places.
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
- University of Virginia
- Major: Psychology
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- Director/Owner, 1983
- Attorney since , 1980
- McGuire, Woods & Battle, Charlottesville, Virginia, 1979 to 1980
- Federal Communications Bar Association
- University of Virginia School of Law, Future Directions Committee Member
- Rivendell School, One of Founding Board Members
- Gammon & Grange, P.C’s “G&G Law Alert,” Editor