Nancy Oliver LeSourd is the Director of the Intellectual Property Department at Gammon & Grange, P.C. After ten years of exclusively representing tax-exempt organizations, in 1994 she developed the Intellectual Property Department to assist nonprofit organizations to protect their core content and develop additional revenue streams from these assets to support ongoing programs and services.
As a published author of six books and one of our intellectual property lawyers, Ms. LeSourd has a keen interest in supporting the creator’s interests in developing, exploiting, protecting, and preserving intellectual property. She serves the intellectual property legal needs of individuals, companies, and national and international nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations. Her practice focuses on legal services related to publishing (traditional, self-publishing and digital), comprehensive branding strategies, negotiation of license agreements, copyright registration and infringement, trademark registration and enforcement, rights of publicity, intellectual property business entity structure and operation, AI copyright, and intellectual property audits.
- Founder, Ambleside School
- Parents Council, Elon University 2009-2015
Passionate about American history, I live with my husband Jeff in a 200-year-old Quaker farmhouse built by the Chief Abolitionist of Loudoun County. I enjoy writing and have published six books with Harper Collins and Thomas Nelson. I cherish any time I have with our two adult children who are thriving in creative careers as an L.A. sports television segment and television producer and a Chicago venture capital firm marketing manager.
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Tufts University
- Major: Secondary Education/American History
- Agnes Scott College
- Major: Political Science
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- The Georgetown Law Journal, Editor
- William Robertson Coe Fellowship in American Studies
- Mortar Board
- Who’s Who of American Lawyers
- Who’s Who in America
- Owner/Director, 1988
- The Stony Brook School, American History Faculty
- Virginia State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association