George R. Grange
- Nonprofit and Exempt Organizations
- General Business Corporate
- Nonprofit and Business Transactions
- Governance and Boardsmanship
- Risk Management and Preventive Law
- Employment and Human Resources
- Communications Law
George R. ("Chip") Grange is a co-founder of Gammon & Grange, P.C. He has nearly 4 decades of experience in serving the legal needs of businesses and exempt organizations. His primary areas of legal experience include specialized counsel and comprehensive general counsel services to entrepreneurial ventures, nonprofit organizations, religious ministries, churches, and closely-held businesses.
He has led his firm in developing special services in the areas of strategic planning, risk management, and alternative dispute resolution. Mr. Grange has worked with numerous emerging business and nonprofit entities to develop organizational and strategic plans, secure financing and capital, and advise them regarding management structures and information systems.
Mr. Grange, along with his firm, currently serve as General Counsel or special counsel to numerous nonprofit and business entities. He has previously served on the national boards and executive committees of the Christian Legal Society and Christian Leadership Alliance.
He also assisted in the organization of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA), concluding his eight years on ECFA's Standards Committee and Board by serving as Chairman of the Board. Mr. Grange was a founding board member of CEO Dialogues, Inc., which served nonprofit CEOs with peer networking and resourcing.
Good Samaritan Advocates of Northern Virginia, Co-Founder
Good Samaritan Advocates of Covenant Life Church, Founder & Co-Director
I reside with my wife Kathy in Gaithersburg, Maryland, where I'm an active member of our local church and community. We have four grown children and 12 engagingly energetic grandchildren - 9 of whom live in the neighborhood.
- Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Yale Divinity School, Rockefeller Fellowship; year of Graduate Theological Studies
- University of Virginia
- Major: Economics with Honors
- Minor: Computer Science
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- Director/Owner, Co-founder, 1978
- Attorney, 1974
- Zuckert, Scoutt & Rasenberger, Associate, 1975 to 1977
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Who's Who of American Lawyers
- 2014 Church Compliance Conference, Religious Liberty Update: Key Cases You Should Know (with Stephen H. King), September 2014
- Recipient of John Robb Christian Legal Aid Award